General Terms and Conditions
Tuscany Bicycle Travel is a trademark which is owned and operated by the Arezzo based Tour Operato rand Travel Agency “ Tuscany Bicycle SRL” with its legal address in Via Gruccia 23/G Int. 11 52027 San Giovanni Valdarno, Arezzo. . P.IVA & CF 02306110517 Tour Operator No 41650.
Tuscany Bicycle SRL, trading as Tuscany Bicycle Travel offers single and multiple day bike rides in Tuscany and Italy. Any client deciding to participate in an activity offered by Tuscany Bicycle Travel is notified and agrees to the following Terms and Conditions:
Tuscany Bicycle Travel respects and follows European and Italian privacy laws and standards outlined in INFORMATIVA SULLA TUTELA DELLA PRIVACY (D.L. 196/2003). When you send us information about yourself, you agree that we can use it for our company purpose, however this information will never be shared with third parties according to the above laws. When you provide us with your name and email, we deem this as giving us permission to contact you further.
We will never sell nor pass on your personal information to third parties. Your name will ride only in our database and will not be transferred or traded with any other organization. By contacting us, you may always opt out of any further communication on our behalf.
Policies regarding bike tours:
- All tours will be conducted primarily in English, other languages may be available upon prior request
- Participants of the excursion affirm they are entirely responsible for their actions, and that any claim for damages to the company Tuscany Bicycle Travel are waived and null and void.
In particular, clients declare and agree with the following statements:
- They are in good health and free from any ailment with may be worsened or accentuated by strenuous activity or weather conditions including extreme heat or humidity
- They are able to use the equipment provided safely and with competence
- They are responsible for their own behaviors during the tour, including eating or drinking, and informing Tuscany Bicycle Travel of any food intolerances or allergy from which they may suffer.
- Participants are required to practice common sense, prudence, diligence especially regarding the use of the equipment provided for their use during the excursion, of which participants use at their own risk. Tuscany Bicycle Travel waives all claims for damages made against them, and accepts no liability for any damage to the participant, third parties and equipment caused during trips.
- Tuscany Bicycle Travel provides guests with bicycles in perfect working condition and which must be returned at the end of the excursion in the same working condition at the end of the trip. Participants will be held responsible for any damage to the equipment provided to them by Tuscany Bicycle Travel as per current market value for all bikes and accessories.
- Taking part in a bike tour organized by Tuscany Bicycle Travel imply the mandatory use of a helmet which is included in each tour package for every participant
- Tuscany Bicycle Travel does not assume responsibility for loss of luggage, money, valuables or other items during the trip.
- Participants must provide Tuscany Bicycle Travel with a valid photo ID (passport, ID card, travel visa, health insurance card) should they so be requested
- Tours run rain or shine. If the weather should prove to be unsuitable for riding we can provide alternative activities in the area. If however, it is preferable to postpone, Tuscany Bicycle Travel will endeavour to rearrange the tour for a mutually convenient date.
- Competent court: the court of Arezzo will be in charge for whatever controversies may arise out of these Terms and Conditions.
Single Day Tour Payments and Cancellations
All prices are in Euros and inclusive of VAT
For all single day tours, a deposit of 25% of the total tour price is required by credit card (MasterCard or Visa), PayPal or bank wire transfer and is taken at the moment of booking. Cancellations of 7 days or less, will result in loss of the deposit. Cancellation of less than 48 hours in advance will result in payment in full required for the total amount due.
If the customer cancels his or her booking more than 7 days before the scheduled tour date, we offer the following options:
- Move the same tour to a different date (to be agreed by both parties, availability permitting)
- Accept a voucher for the tour which is transferable to a third party
- Join an alternative activity of equivalent value
- Full refund of deposit
If a tour is cancelled at any time due to force majeure, acts of nature, war, labor strikes, earthquake, flooding, civil strikes, natural and nuclear disasters, airport closures, epidemics, pandemics, acts of God or other events beyond the control Tuscany Bicycle Travel we will provide you with a voucher for a future tour of equivalent value.
Travel agents, villa rental agents and all travel related businesses are required to pay a deposit of 30% of the total tour cost, payable by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), PayPal or bank wire transfer. The deposit is due at the time of booking and it is not refundable. The full payment is required 15 days prior the tour departure. Within 15 days notice of cancellation, 50% of the total cost of the tour will be refunded. With less than 7 days notice of cancellation the entire cost of the tour will be forfeited.
Itineraries, events and activities may change at any time due to circumstances beyond Tuscany Bicycle Travel’s control (majeure forces). All the possible efforts will be made, however, to maintain the tour as advertised. In case of changes in published itineraries, Tuscany Bicycle Travel will provide comparable substitutions.
Multiday Tour Terms and Conditions
In addition to the General terms and conditions, the following terms and conditions are valid for Tuscany Bicycle Travel, multiday tours and are subject to change. The most current terms and conditions at the time of your departure will apply.
Prices and Payment
All prices are quoted in Euros and are inclusive of VAT.
In order to make your reservation Tuscany Bicycle Travel requires a 30% deposit of the total tour price is payable by credit card (MasterCard or Visa), PayPal or bank wire transfer and is taken at the moment of booking.
Once the deposit has been received you will receive the confirmation of your reservation.
The outstanding balance is due 90 days prior to your departure date.
For reservations made within 90 days prior to your departure date full payment is required.
If payment is not received 90 days prior to your departure date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and your deposit will be forfeited.
In the event the customer decides to cancel the trip:
If you wish to cancel the trip, you must inform us by emailing us at email@example.com .
Once the cancellation notice has been received, we will send you a confirmation email of the cancellation. The cancellation will be valid from the date of receipt of our confirmation e-mail. In the event of cancellation of your tour, the following charges will be applied (expressed as a percentage of the total cost of the tour).
There is be a minimum non – refundable fee of €150 for scheduled tours and €750 for custom, private tours.
|Days Prior||Up to 60 Days||59 to 30 Days||29days &After|
|Cancellation fee (per person)||50%||75%||100%|
In the event Tuscany Bicycle Travel decides to cancel the trip:
Tuscany Bicycle Travel reserves the right to cancel any trip prior to departure for any reason whatsoever, including insufficient signup or logistical problems that may impede trip operations.
The refund of all tour payments received shall release Tuscany Bicycle Travel from any further liability. Tuscany Bicycle Travel must normally make substantial payments to its suppliers (hotels, transportation companies, etc.) far in advance of the scheduled start date.
If a trip is cancelled due to force majeure, acts of nature, war, labor strikes, earthquake, flooding, civil strikes, natural and nuclear disasters, epidemics, pandemics, acts of God or other events beyond the control of Tuscany Bicycle Travel, we will apply a credit for the portion of the trip cost not already advanced to suppliers for a future tour with Tuscany Bicycle Travel.
Tuscany Bicycle Travel does not guarantee recovery of any or all of the advanced payments made, and the use of best efforts to recover these payments will not include the institution of legal proceedings within Italy or foreign jurisdictions.
Tuscany Bicycle Travel is not responsible for expenses incurred by trip members in preparing for a cancelled trip. (eg. Non-refundable advance purchase air tickets, prepaid hotel accommodation, visa fees, inoculations etc.)
Tuscany Bicycle Travel reserves the change to date, route activity and hotel modifications to any tour. Every effort is made to keep changes to a minimum.
Each trip member must obtain a passport and any applicable visa for his or her tour. If a trip member is unable to travel documents or is prohibited from entering the country, our standard cancellation policy will apply.
Travel insurance is necessary. Protect yourself against trip cancellation and other unforeseen incidents. Here are some well-established travel insurance companies:
Remember to inquire about worldwide trip protection and to book your travel insurance immediately after paying tour deposit.
Tuscany Bicycle Travel respects and values your privacy. We will never sell your address or private information. Tuscany Bicycle Travel reserves the right to take photographic or film records of any of its trips. Trip members should be aware that Tuscany Bicycle Travel may use any such photographic or film records for promotional and/or commercial purposes, or joint marketing efforts with third parties, without remuneration to the trip member.